Are you wondering how to retrieve deleted Mpesa messages from your phone?
Yes. At the moment, you can get up to 6 months of your historical data transactions. In the future, more may be available.
Have you mistakenly deleted Mpesa messages on your phone?
I know it may not be any fault of yours.
I have found out that most people delete M-Pesa messages either after they have reset their phone or accidentally do it.
Sometimes you may be deleting messages on your phone but unknowingly delete some of the most useful ones like M-Pesa transaction messages.
If you find yourself in any of the two (2) cases, or even another, you still have a chance to have your messages back.
Yes, you can get back some of these deleted Mpesa messages.
I will show you exactly how to retrieve or restore deleted Mpesa messages from your phone.
Read also: How To Contact KCB M-Pesa Customer Care In Kenya.
Step 1. Recover Your M-Pesa Messages Using Your Phone Backup
If you are the type of M-Pesa user who regularly backup your phone, then you can use the backup system to recover all these deleted messages.
In addition to deleted Mpesa messages, you can also retrieve other messages or information when you backup your phone.
Recommended reading: How To Access M-Pesa Menu On iPhone.
Step 2. How To Retrieve Messages From Google Drive
If you have Google Drive with all your data backed up to date, then you will have a better chance of retrieving your Mpesa messages and other information stored on your phone and saved to your Google Drive account.
The challenge with this method is that most people don’t know how to correctly back up their phone data to their Google Drive account.
In that case, you may find it extremely challenging to restore your deleted Mpesa messages using this method.
If you want to backup your data and messages to your Google Drive account, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Select Google.
- Choose Backup.
- Finally, select backup now.
After backing up your data on your phone, follow these guidelines to retrieve deleted Mpesa messages on your phone:
- Open Google Drive.
- Login to your account that contains the backup of the Mpesa messages to be restored.
- Select a device to open the backup of the deleted messages.
- Finally, tap on the Restore button to successfully retrieve your deleted Mpesa messages.
Related guide: How To Contact Safaricom M-Pesa Customer Care.
Step 3. Get Back Deleted Mpesa Messages Using iCloud and iTunes.
One of the ways to retrieve deleted Mpesa messages and, for that matter, other relevant information from your iPhone is by using either iTunes or iCloud.
Please note that this particular method of restoring your Mpesa messages may not work for most people since many users are reporting all manner of challenges about using this method.
That is all for now. This M-Pesa Guide was Last Updated on June 28, 2020 by mpesa admin
We entreat you all to keep visiting this Mpesa Guide https://mpesaguide.com/how-to-retrieve-deleted-mpesa-messages/ on regular basis for updates.
The list below is our latest M-Pesa Guides:
- How To Pay Old Mutual Via Paybill Number – Old Mutual Mpesa Paybill Payment Guide
- How To Pay Jamii Sacco Via Paybill Number – Jamii Sacco Mpesa Paybill Payment Guide
- How To Pay Waumini Sacco Via Paybill Number – Waumini Sacco Mpesa Paybill Payment Guide
- How To Pay Scorepesa Via Paybill Number – Scorepesa Mpesa Paybill Payment Guide
- How To Pay Rafiki Bank Via Paybill Number – Rafiki Bank Mpesa Paybill Payment Guide
- How To Pay eCitizen Via Paybill Number – eCitizen Mpesa Paybill Payment Guide
- How To Pay Citam Via Paybill Number – Citam Mpesa Paybill Payment Guide
- How To Pay Dimkes Sacco Via Paybill Number – Dimkes Sacco Mpesa Paybill Payment Guide
- How To Pay Jambojet Via Paybill Number – Jambojet Mpesa Paybill Payment Guide
- How To Pay Jumia Via Paybill Number – Jumia Mpesa Paybill Payment Guide