Do you want to know how to replace Safaricom line in Kenya, please this this guide to know do that.
Safaricom line replacement is the process of transferring all your details to your old phone number. These details include; airtime, data bundles, and mpesa balance to a brand new sim card.
You will have to replace your Safaricom line at one point due to various reasons ranging from loss of phone or damage of the sim card.
You can replace your Safaricom line in the following ways;
Table of Contents
How To Replace Line Through Safaricom Customer Care
You can replace your line through Safaricom customer care following the steps as shown below.
1. Obtain a new Safaricom replacement card at Ksh. 50.
2. Call customer care by dialing 100.
3. You will be asked some questions by the customer service agent so that they can verify if the line belongs to you and then ask you to give the serial number written on the new card.
4. Additionally, they will ask for your old PIN and your mobile number.
5. Give the agent your old PIN and mobile phone number.
When customer care does it for you, it is instant, and you can start using your new card in a matter of minutes.
How To Replace Line Through Safaricom Selfcare Service
If you want to replace the Safaricom line, you can do it yourself using the Safaricom self-care service.
You require the following;
1. You will have to buy a Safaricom sim replacement card from your local shop. It retails anywhere between Ksh. 50 and Ksh. 100, depending on where you are located.
2. If you have not memorized your old Safaricom number, you can write it down.
3. Ensure you have with you the past or original PIN either written or in your memory.
4. It is of importance to note that you must have had an active mpesa account.
How To Replace Safaricom Line In Kenya
Insert the new Safaricom SIM card into your device.
Dial *180* 1* followed by your mobile number* original PIN*IMSI ( Serial number of the replacement SIM card)#. For example, if your mobile number is 0712345612 and PIN is 4444, then it should be like ;
Through M-pesa Agent SIM Replacement
You might prefer to change your Safaricom line with the agent because it is one of the fastest ways.
To replace your SIM, you will have to visit your nearest m-pesa and make sure that you have the following for a smooth and successful replacement process.
1. Your old Safaricom number.
2. Your original Safaricom SIM card PIN.
3. Note; your old line should have an active m-pesa account.
4. Carry your original ID card.
5. Have some cash either, Ksh. 50 0r Ksh. 100.
Mpesa agent with using these requirements to replace your line
It is free of charge to replace a postpaid line.
Safaricom sim replacement cards are sold at Ksh.50 and are readily available at several shops, including local kiosks in the estates.
That is all you need to know about how to replace Safaricom line in Kenya.