Do you know how to use Mpesa PayPal in Kenya? Are you sure you are doing the right thing with your PayPal transactions?
Even if you are not certain, don’t worry as I am going to teach you the best ways to send and receive money from Mpesa to PayPal in Kenya.
PayPal is the most convenient method of sending money internationally. It also offers a secure way of sending and receiving payments online.
In any case, you need to understand how Mpesa and PayPal work.
What You Need To Know When Transfering Money From PayPal To M-Pesa And Vice-Versa
Through PayPal, you can also shop online no matter wherever you are in the world. More so, you can send money to friends and family members no matter where they are around the globe.
Thus PayPal is a reliable way to send and receive money.
The good news is that today through Mpesa, you can link your PayPal account and be able to top up your PayPal account as well as withdraw money from your PayPal account to your Mpesa account.
In this blog post, you will find all about PayPal to Mpesa transactions. There is enlightenment on how to link the two accounts.
To be able to use PayPal Mpesa services, it is required that you have both a PayPal account and an Mpesa account.
If you don’t have a PayPal account, here is how to register.
Read also: How To Send Money from M-Pesa To Skrill.
How To Register For PayPal Account In Kenya
Follow these steps to register for a PayPal account in Kenya:
- Go to https://www.paypal.com/ke/home.
- Click on sign-up to register for PayPal account in Kenya.
- Enter a valid email to register.
- Go to your email and confirm.
- Follow all prompts filling with the correct details.
Don’t enter incorrect details as you will not be able to link with the Mpesa account. The details you enter in your PayPal should match your Mpesa account details.
Recommended reading: How To Withdraw Funds From Co-op Bank Account To M-Pesa In Kenya.
How To Link PayPal Account With Your M-Pesa Account
To receive money on time, you have to link your PayPal account with your Mpesa account.
Linking your Bank account card will be required to wait up to three working days to be able to withdraw the money.
Thus, connecting your Mpesa account is the best compared to linking your Bank Card.
Here is how to link PayPal with Mpesa:
- Have an account with PayPal as well as with Mpesa.
- Sign up for one if you don’t have one.
- Make sure you’ve got a Kenyan PayPal account.
- Even if you are of Kenyan origin, any other PayPal account won’t work.
- When studying abroad, the PayPal account you may have opened will not operate with the Mpesa service.
- The service is only applicable to accounts from PayPal to Mpesa in Kenya.
- Enter similar names when signing yours with both PayPal and Mpesa accounts.
- It means that you will use the same names as it is on your national ID or passport on both accounts.
- Go to https://www.paypal-mobilemoney.com/m-pesa.
- Click get started.
- You will receive an immediate request to log in to your PayPal account.
- Read the terms and conditions and then agree to proceed.
- Type your phone number with your Mpesa account.
- Click on accounts once your number is in place and enter your mobile number for Mpesa.
Check the code sent to your mobile number.
It is a one-time code meant to verify you own that mobile number and enter to confirm the mobile number.
Check this out: How To Pay Jumia Using Mpesa.
Steps To Withdraw Money From PayPal To Mpesa
Follow these steps to withdraw money from your PayPal account to Mpesa in Kenya:
- Go to https://www.paypal-mobilemoney.com/m-pesa
- Enter your login details.
- After successful login, click on the PayPal withdrawal button.
- You will see your account balance displayed in your PayPal account.
- Remember that the balance shown is in US dollars for all currency.
- Make sure to exchange it first if you have extra cash in different currencies.
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw in US dollars from PayPal to Mpesa.
- You will get a transfer page showing the amount you are going to receive in Kenya shillings, as well as how long the transaction takes.
- You shall also see the current exchange rate.
- Confirm the number and finish the transaction.
Now that you know how to use Mpesa PayPal to withdraw money in Kenya, you can start using it today.
Related guide: How Does M-Pesa Paybill Work.
How To Top-Up Your PayPal Account Through Mpesa
It is also possible to top up your PayPal account using Mpesa.
Here is how to do the top-up to your PayPal through Mpesa:
- Go to https://www.paypal-mobilemoney.com/m-pesa.
- Choose the top-up option.
- Fill in the amount you wish to top up in US dollars.
- Allow the calculator to calculate and tell you the actual amount needed in Kenya shillings as per the current exchange rate.
- Go to the Mpesa menu.
- Select Lipa Na Mpesa, then Paybill.
- Put the business number 800088.
- Enter your phone number as the account number.
- Next, enter your PIN.
- Finally, click “Send” to top up your PayPal account using Mpesa.
Those are the basic steps you need to follow to top-up your account.
Which Bank Is Best For PayPal Account
In fact, most banks are good for the PayPal account. If you want to know the best bank for PayPal account, it is advisable to use the one with excellent customer service.
This is because you may sometimes have challenges with your PayPal Kenya account where you will have to contact the bank for assistance.
This is where you will know the best bank for PayPal services in Kenya.
That is how to use Mpesa PayPal in Kenya.
That is all for now. This M-Pesa Guide was Last Updated on April 12, 2022 by Mpesa Guide
We entreat you all to keep visiting this Mpesa Guide https://mpesaguide.com/how-to-use-mpesa-paypal-in-kenya/ on regular basis for updates.
The list below is our latest M-Pesa Guides for September 2021:
- How To Okoa Safaricom, Find Out How Borrow Airtime
- How To Report Safaricom Fraudsters In Minutes
- How To Buy Safaricom Bundles Using Storo Bonus
- How To Buy Safaricom Hourly Bundles, Buy Data For Hours
- How To Buy Safaricom Platinum Bundles, Follow These Steps
- How To Check Safaricom Zidisha Balance On Your Phone
- How Does Safaricom Pay Mpesa Agents, Mpesa Agents Commision
- How Mysafaricom App Works, Ultimate Guide About Safaricom App
- How To Register Safaricom Line, Activate Your New Line Now
- How To Replace Safaricom Line, Change Your Safaricom Number