Do you know how to use Mpesa PayPal in Kenya? Are you sure you are doing the right thing with your PayPal transactions?
Even if you are not certain, don’t worry as I am going to teach you the best ways to send and receive money from Mpesa to PayPal in Kenya.
PayPal is the most convenient method of sending money internationally. It also offers a secure way of sending and receiving payments online.
In any case, you need to understand how Mpesa and PayPal work.
What You Need To Know When Transfering Money From PayPal To M-Pesa And Vice-Versa
Through PayPal, you can also shop online no matter wherever you are in the world. More so, you can send money to friends and family members no matter where they are around the globe.
Thus PayPal is a reliable way to send and receive money.
The good news is that today through Mpesa, you can link your PayPal account and be able to top up your PayPal account as well as withdraw money from your PayPal account to your Mpesa account.
In this blog post, you will find all about PayPal to Mpesa transactions. There is enlightenment on how to link the two accounts.
To be able to use PayPal Mpesa services, it is required that you have both PayPal account and Mpesa account.
If you don’t have a PayPal account, here is how to register.
Read also: How To Send Money from M-Pesa To Skrill.
How To Register For PayPal Account In Kenya
Follow these steps to register for a PayPal account in Kenya:
- Go to https://www.paypal.com/ke/home.
- Click on sign-up to register for PayPal account in Kenya.
- Enter a valid email to register.
- Go to your email and confirm.
- Follow all prompts filling with the correct details.
Don’t enter incorrect details as you will not be able to link with the Mpesa account. The details you enter in your PayPal should match your Mpesa account details.
Recommended reading: How To Withdraw Funds From Co-op Bank Account To M-Pesa In Kenya.
How To Link PayPal Account With Your M-Pesa Account
To receive money on time, you have to link your PayPal account with your Mpesa account.
Linking your Bank account card will be required to wait up to three working days to be able to withdraw the money.
Thus, connecting your Mpesa account is the best compared to linking your Bank Card.
Here is how to link the PayPal with Mpesa:
- Have an account with PayPal as well as with Mpesa.
- Sign up for one if you don’t have.
- Make sure you’ve got a Kenyan PayPal account.
- Even if you are of Kenyan origin, any other PayPal account won’t work.
- When studying abroad, the PayPal account you may have opened will not operate with the Mpesa service.
- The service is only applicable to accounts from PayPal to Mpesa in Kenya.
- Enter similar names when signing yours with both PayPal and Mpesa accounts.
- It means that you will use the same names as it is on your national ID or passport on both accounts.
- Go to https://www.paypal-mobilemoney.com/m-pesa.
- Click get started.
- You will receive an immediate request to log in to your PayPal account.
- Read the terms and conditions and then agree to proceed.
- Type your phone number with your Mpesa account.
- Click on accounts once your number is in place and enter your mobile number for Mpesa.
Check the code sent to your mobile number.
It is a one-time code meant to verify you own that mobile number and enter to confirm the mobile number.
Check this out: How To Pay Jumia Using Mpesa.
Steps To Withdraw Money From PayPal To Mpesa
Follow these steps to withdraw money from your PayPal account to Mpesa in Kenya:
- Go to https://www.paypal-mobilemoney.com/m-pesa
- Enter your login details.
- After successful login, click on the PayPal withdrawal button.
- You will see your account balance displayed in your PayPal account.
- Remember that the balance shown is in US dollars for all currency.
- Make sure to exchange it first if you have extra cash in different currencies.
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw in US dollars from PayPal to Mpesa.
- You will get a transfer page showing the amount you are going to receive in Kenya shillings, as well as how long the transaction takes.
- You shall also see the current exchange rate.
- Confirm the number and finish the transaction.
Now that you know how to use Mpesa PayPal to withdraw money in Kenya, you can start using it today.
Related guide: How Does M-Pesa Paybill Work.
How To Top-Up Your PayPal Account Through Mpesa
It is also possible to top up your PayPal account using Mpesa.
Here is how to do the top-up to your PayPal through Mpesa:
- Go to https://www.paypal-mobilemoney.com/m-pesa.
- Choose the top-up option.
- Fill in the amount you wish to top up in US dollars.
- Allow the calculator to calculate and tell you the actual amount needed in Kenya shillings as per the current exchange rate.
- Go to the Mpesa menu.
- Select Lipa Na Mpesa, then Paybill.
- Put the business number 800088.
- Enter your phone number as the account number.
- Next, enter your PIN.
- Finally, click “Send” to top up your PayPal account using Mpesa.
That is how to use Mpesa PayPal in Kenya.
- HELB Mpesa Paybill Number – How To Use HELB Paybill Number For Payment
- How To Contact Fuliza Mpesa Customer Care – Fastest Way To Get Help
- Fuliza Mpesa Daily Charges – Check Current Rates & Fees On Fuliza 2020
- Online Jobs That Pay Through Mpesa In Kenya – Highest Paying Online Jobs To Make Money
- Mpesa Integration Into Website – Simple Guide For M-Pesa Developers To Integrate API
This M-Pesa Guide was Last Updated on August 19, 2020 by mpesa admin