Are you searching how to transfer money from Mpesa to Skrill and send to your friends or buy goods or services? Then, this blog post is for you.
Mpesa is the best mobile money transfer in Kenya and to other countries that use Mpesa. It more thrilling since now you can send money from Mpesa to Skrill in Kenya easily and quickly.
The two companies’ partnership does not only benefit freelancers but also those use Skrill to send money internationally.
Furthermore, Skrill is the best payment method to use when making payments online. It offers low-cost money transfer services.
Thus, if you do online shopping with M-Pesa or wish to transfer money internationally, then Skrill is the best.
Let’s look at how you can top up your Skrill account through transferring money from Mpesa.
However, the first thing is to have an active Skrill account.
The second thing is to have an active Mpesa account.
You don’t have Skrill account yet? Here is how to open one.
How To Open A Skrill Account In Kenya
Here is how to open a Skrill account:
- Go to https://www.skrill.com/en/.
- Click register account, there are no charges free.
- You will then be asked to fill the Skrill form online.
- Provide the necessary details, bearing in mind that the information is for official purposes.
- Remember to add your name, country, and the currency you prefer among the information to fill on the Skrill registration form.
- Please take caution when choosing the preferred currency as you cannot modify it again after the application process has been completed.
- Then, you will upload your identification documents. The upload needs to clear.
- Your street address will be required, thus enter any major street in your city for this option, as most households still do not have street addresses.
- Add your phone number to perform the process
- You should add the number that bears your M-Pesa account.
After creating a Skrill account, here is how to link your Skrill account with your Mpesa account.
How To Connect Your Skrill Account To Mpesa Account In Kenya
To make it possible to transfer money from Mpesa to Skrill, you have to link the two accounts here is how to go about it.
- When registering your account, you’ll be sent a verification link to your designated email account.
- Go to your email inbox.
- Next, locate the confirmation link.
- Click on the link.
- After authenticating your account, go to the part for “Cards and Bank Account“.
- You need to go to the “Credit And Debit Card” section.
- Select the option that says “Mobile Wallet“.
- Then click on “Add Mobile Wallet” as your choice.
- You will be asked to enter your preferred M-Pesa number.
- Enter the number.
- After that, you can save the changes.
- Your Skrill and M-Pesa accounts will be linked, and you can send money between them.
That is how to link your Skrill account to M-Pesa.
Now, you can send money from Mpesa to Skrill in Kenya.
Read also: How To Pay Jumia Using M-Pesa.
How To Validate Your Account
Follow this guide to validate your account:
1. A validation link will be emailed to the email address you used when setting up your account.
2. Go to the email inbox of your account, find the link and click on it.
3. Go to the “Cards and Bank Account” section after your account has been checked.
4. Go to the “Credit/Debit Card” section.
5. Choose the option “Mobile Wallet“, then “Add Mobile Wallet“.
6. You will be prompted to enter your Mpesa account.
After entering your Mpesa account, your account will be validated.
Validating your account will make it easy for you to send money from Mpesa to Skrill in Kenya.
Recommended reading: How To Withdraw Money From Coop To M-Pesa.
How To Send Money From Mpesa To Skrill In Kenya
Make sure your Mpesa account has sufficient money remembering there are charges.
Ensure also that if the Skrill account currency is not your local currency, you have checked the exchange rate. Using the EastPesa rate checker, you can check the amount you receive in dollars.
Follow these steps to send money from Mpesa to Skrill account in Kenya:
- Click the “Start” button in your Eastpesa account.
- Go to the Lipa Na Mpesa section on your M-Pesa menu and then go to the Paybill portion.
- Enter the Paybill number which will be generated from your Eastpesa.
- Don’t worry about the account number because Eastpesa will generate it.
- Fill in the amount you wish to transfer.
- Enter your Mpesa pin, and then send the request.
- After a few minutes shall get your Skrill account should be instantly loaded.
- The money you sent will reflect on the balance in dollars or other currency that you would have chosen.
In case the payment does not automatically reflect, your online platform EastPesa will show you the transaction status showing when the amount is reflected.
EastPesa is a global mobile money transfer service that is currently available on Tigo, Safaricom, MTN and Airtel for most East African countries.
That is all for now. This M-Pesa Guide was Last Updated on May 10, 2020 by mpesa admin
We entreat you all to keep visiting this Mpesa Guide https://mpesaguide.com/send-money-from-mpesa-to-skrill-kenya/ on regular basis for updates.
The list below is our latest M-Pesa Guides:
- HELB Mpesa Paybill Number – How To Use HELB Paybill Number For Payment
- How To Contact Fuliza Mpesa Customer Care – Fastest Way To Get Help
- Fuliza Mpesa Daily Charges – Check Current Rates & Fees On Fuliza 2020
- Online Jobs That Pay Through Mpesa In Kenya – Highest Paying Online Jobs To Make Money
- Mpesa Integration Into Website – Simple Guide For M-Pesa Developers To Integrate API
- How Much Will It Cost To Withdraw Kshs 100 From Mpesa Account In Kenya
- How To Unlock Mpesa account – Steps To Unblock Safaricom M-Pesa Account
- How To Calculate Mpesa Commission – Current M-Pesa Rates & Charges For 2020
- How To Get Mpesa Line In Kenya – Register M-Pesa Aggregated Agent SIM Card
- How To Activate Mpesa Till Number – Steps To Use Lipa Na M-Pesa Till for Business