Do you want to receive payments from customers for goods and services you provide through M-Pesa? Then you have to register for an Mpesa paybill number. But do you know how to get one for your business? Just relax because I am going to teach you how to register Mpesa paybill number in Kenya.
In Kenya, how to get M-Pesa PayBill number depends on many factors, including the nature of your business.
Oh yes, that is largely the determinant in the acquisition of the M-Pesa business number for your company or enterprise in Kenya.
For example, how to apply for Mpesa paybill number for an individual for goods only is slightly different from getting a pay bill number for sole proprietors, limited liability companies, or even parastatals.
When you register for Mpesa paybill service in Kenya, there are some requirements that Safaricom wants you to get before you are given the pay bill number.
This is basically called Know Your Customer (KYC). This means that you need to provide some information about yourself to enable Safaricom to know you and your business better.
Make sure you provide all the information when you apply for a paybill number.
That is how to register Mpesa paybill number in Kenya.
In this Mpesa guide, I will walk you through how to apply for the pay bill number and set up your business to collect money from your customers.
So, if you are ready, take your time and continue reading.
Requirements On How To Register For Mpesa PayBill Number For Individuals
There are basically two (2) categories of individuals who can apply for M-Pesa pay bill service in Kenya.
These are individuals who want to register the paybill service only for Buy Goods Products.
Another category of people who can register for Mpesa paybill number in Kenya are individuals with the rental business. If you are in this group, then you can apply and get a paybill number for your business.
Now that you know that, what are the requirements to register for Lipa Na M-Pesa PayBill for individuals?
The following the what you need to apply for Mpesa paybill number for individuals:
- Your national identification card, thus Passport, National ID, Military ID, Alien ID.
- Filled and signed M-Pesa PayBill application form.
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) PIN certificate.
- Your bank details or canceled cheque.
- For an online business, you need to indicate a link or approved documentation of your business.
- For individuals with rental business, you need a copy of allotment letter or lease document.
Those are the things you will need before you apply for Mpesa paybill number for your business in Kenya.
Read also: How To Reverse Money Sent On M-Pesa.
How To Register For Mpesa Paybill Number For Individuals
Now that you know the actual requirements for applying for M-Pesa PayBill for your business, what next? You must know how to set up the pay bill for your business to collect funds from your customers.
Here is how to register Mpesa paybill for your business as an individual:
- Go to the Safaricom Lipa Na M-Pesa website.
- Download the M-Pesa PayBill application form.
- Also, download the M-Pesa PayBill Terms and Conditions.
- Fill the forms providing all the required information.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- You must sign the pay bill form that you have filled.
- Add a copy of all the requirements listed above to the Mpesa paybill form.
- Visit the nearby Safaricom office along with all the documents you need to register for the M-Pesa PayBill.
- After you have submitted the Mpesa paybill application form to the Safaricom office, wait for the approval.
That is how to register for Mpesa paybill for your business in Kenya.
Please, note that it may take between 7 and 14 days or even longer for Safaricom to approve your Mpesa PayBill application.
Now that you know how to get M-Pesa paybill number for your business, why waiting? You can apply today and focus on growing your business with M-Pesa.
Recommended reading: How Does M-Pesa PayBill Work.
How To Apply For Lipa Na M-Pesa Short Term Paybill Number
Here is how to apply for Short Term M-Pesa PayBill number fo your business:
1. Go to the Mpesa Short Term Paybill website (https://selfservice.m-pesaforbusiness.co.ke/LNM/)
2. Click on the Apply Now button.
3. You must select “Short Term Paybill”.
4. Under the categories, select the Short Term Paybill that suits your business (Medical Fund, Education, Funeral Fund, Wedding Fund, and Charity).
5. When you click on the link, the requirements for application will appear.
6. If you have all the requirements ready, then click on the “Apply” button at the bottom-right corner.
7. Fill the paybill form with all the information you must provide.
8. Your Short Term Paybill application details will be verified.
9. Upload all necessary attachments.
10. Complete the paybill application.
That is how to register for M-Pesa Short Term PayBill number in Kenya. After the registration, you can use it to collect payments for goods and services you offer to your customers.
See also: How To Reverse M-Pesa PayBill Transaction.
How Do I Withdraw Money From Safaricom PayBill
Here is how to withdraw money from Safaricom M-Pesa PayBill:
- Dial *234# on your phone.
- Select option 4 and press SEND.
- Another option will appear.
- To withdraw money from your Mpesa paybill, select option 1.
- In the next dialogue box, choose option 2 to transfer money from your M-Pesa PayBill to your bank account.
- Enter your Mpesa paybill number and press SEND.
- Wait for a confirmation message on your phone.
That is how to withdraw funds from your Mpesa paybill to your bank account.
Please note that you can only withdraw money to the bank account associated with your pay bill or business number.
This M-Pesa Guide was Last Updated on April 22, 2020 by mpesa admin