Are you an M-Pesa user, and you like making payment for goods and services with Mpesa on your phone at your convenience? That is a good idea. What if you sent the money to the wrong paybill? That is a bad experience. But don’t worry as I will show you how to reverse Mpesa paybill transaction and get back the money you sent to the wrong paybill number.
How To Reverse Mpesa Paybill Transaction Using SMS Short Code
To reverse an M-Pesa transaction sent to the wrong paybill, you have to forward the Mpesa transaction SMS or text message you received to the shortcode 456.
When you send the SMS to the Mpesa reversal code 456, the refund will be made within 24 hours.
Such transactions go through a process before the reversal is done. Because of that, you need to exercise a little patience.
This is one of the fastest ways to reverse money sent to the wrong Mpesa paybill number.
Most people have found this easy as compared to other methods like calling the Safaricom customer care or even contacting the merchant who received the wrong transaction.
Read also: How To Reverse Money Sent On M-Pesa.
How To Reverse Mpesa Paybill Transaction By Calling Safaricom Customer Care
Another way to reverse Mpesa transaction sent to a wrong pay bill number is either by calling Safaricom or the merchant who received the money.
If you choose to call Safaricom customer care for the reversal of the transaction, you can dial 234 or 100.
Also, you can try calling 191 and ask the Safaricom customer care to initiate a reversal of the transaction you made to the wrong paybill number.
When you call Safaricom M-Pesa customer care, make sure you give them every information regarding that you sent money to the wrong pay bill number.
Safaricom may contact the merchant who runs that pay bill number.
Because you may not contact the merchant directly, you should provide as vivid information as possible.
Here is the information you must provide for a reversal of the M-Pesa transaction:
- Your full name
- The M-Pesa Transaction ID
- The time you made the transaction
- Your ID number
It will be easy for them to reverse the Mpesa PayBill transaction when you provide all the necessary information.
Contact The Merchant Directly And Request For A Refund Of the Mpesa Transaction
If you know the merchant who manages the wrong PayBill number you mistakenly sent the money to, then call them directly.
For example, if you sent the money to the Pesapal PayBill number, which is 220220, then you need to contact Pesapal for reversal.
You need to explain to the merchant that you were sending money, but you mistakenly sent the money to their pay bill number.
The merchant will guide to on how to reverse the Mpesa paybill transaction
Recommended reading: How Does M-Pesa Paybill Work In Kenya.
How Do I Check My M-Pesa Paybill Balance
To check your Mpesa paybill balance, follow these steps:
- Dial *234# and press the send button.
- Select option 4 and press send.
- Choose My Account Services, ie, option 3.
- Next, select Check Balance, ie, option 1, and press enter.
- Select 1 for Business or Store Number.
- Enter your paybill number.
- Your M-Pesa PayBill balance will show in the message that appears.
That is it. That is how to check your Mpesa PayBill number using the *234# short code.
From the above, you have seen that there are several ways on how to reverse Mpesa paybill transaction.
Use any of the methods above to get your money back.
That is all for now. This M-Pesa Guide was Last Updated on April 22, 2020 by mpesa admin
We entreat you all to keep visiting this Mpesa Guide https://mpesaguide.com/how-to-reverse-mpesa-paybill-transaction/ on regular basis for updates.
The list below is our latest M-Pesa Guides:
- HELB Mpesa Paybill Number – How To Use HELB Paybill Number For Payment
- How To Contact Fuliza Mpesa Customer Care – Fastest Way To Get Help
- Fuliza Mpesa Daily Charges – Check Current Rates & Fees On Fuliza 2020
- Online Jobs That Pay Through Mpesa In Kenya – Highest Paying Online Jobs To Make Money
- Mpesa Integration Into Website – Simple Guide For M-Pesa Developers To Integrate API
- How Much Will It Cost To Withdraw Kshs 100 From Mpesa Account In Kenya
- How To Unlock Mpesa account – Steps To Unblock Safaricom M-Pesa Account
- How To Calculate Mpesa Commission – Current M-Pesa Rates & Charges For 2020
- How To Get Mpesa Line In Kenya – Register M-Pesa Aggregated Agent SIM Card
- How To Activate Mpesa Till Number – Steps To Use Lipa Na M-Pesa Till for Business