Do you struggle to send money from USA to Kenya using Mpesa?
Then worry no more as we show you how to make money transfer from the United States to Kenya through M-Pesa using services such as Western Union, WorldRemit, Skrill, Post Finance, XendPay, MoneyGram, Xpress Money, etc.
Today you need the money, and it has become part of human life. It doesn’t matter what you want to do; you need to have money. It’s not easy to make money, but today transferring money across borders is quick and more comfortable than ever.
No complications anymore as today you can send money even to someone with a mobile phone in Kenya. All thanks to the new Safaricom venture to Mpesa global.
If you live in the US and wish to send money in Kenya to your friends or family, you don’t have to send them to the nearest bank.
In spite, you can send them to their mobile wallet, and they withdraw through Mpesa.
In this article, we will take you through the step by step guide on two possible ways to receive money from the US directly to your Mpesa account.
See also: How Does M-Pesa Paybill Work.
How Is Western Union Money Transfer To Kenya
Western union is a well renowned worldwide money transfer service.
Currently, Western Union has been used for decades and over time worn hearts of many over the ability to transfer money in cross-currency and cross border money transfer without hassle.
Western Union is a reliable money transfer service because you can transact in more than 130 currencies globally.
You can transfer money to almost every nation around the globe, meaning there are billions of western Union accounts around the world.
Western Union and Safaricom entered a partnership where you can send money to Kenya directly to his or her Mpesa account.
The partnership made it easier to receive or send money worldwide through mobile phones.
How To Send Money From Western Union To Mpesa
To send money through Western Union to Mpesa is a simple process. Here are the steps you need to follow, but first of all, you need to have a Western Union account before starting the process.
Follow these steps to transfer money from the USA to Kenya using Mpesa through Western Union:
- Open your browser.
- Go to https://www.westernunion.com/ke/en/send-money.html.
- Click on “sign in“.
- Click on “Get Started Now“
- You will be directed to choose the country of the recipient (the receiver country).
- Enter the amount of money you want to send.
- The maximum amount you can send is 50,000 USD.
- Click how you want your recipient to receive the money.
- There are three options available, either Cash Pick-Up, the Mobile wallet, or Bank account.
- In our case select the mobile wallet option.
- You will be required to choose the payment method to complete the transfer.
- You have to choose from the available five options, either Credit/Debit card, Bank account, Wire transfer, Instant bank pay, or pay in-store.
- Bank Account is the best option because you will be able to see the exchange rate, transfer amount, transfer fee as well as the service time.
- If you have a promo code, you can use it to earn a discount on your transaction.
- Click on the “I have a promo code” and enter it
- Lastly, click “Continue” to finish up the transfer process.
If the transfer were successful, you would receive a confirmation message indicating the money was successfully transferred.
WorldRemit Money Transfer To Kenya
WorldRemit is a trusted online money transfer service which since 2018, has been offering international remittance services.
It has helped people in developing countries, especially in Africa, receive money at a low cost on their mobile phones.
WorldRemit signed a partnership with Safaricom enabling Mpesa users to receive money directly to their Mpesa account from anywhere around the world.
Today, sending money to Kenya from the US is easy and quick with WorldRemit.
You can send mobile money to Kenya that they can then use to pay bills, buy products in stores, transfer to other mobile wallets, and even withdraw by visiting a Mpesa shop.
WorldRemit offers a quick, safe, and simple way of transferring money to Kenya, and equally allows your recipient to enjoy cashless convenience wherever they are.
Read this guide: How To Withdraw Money From Co-operative Bank To M-Pesa.
How to Use WorldRemit To Send Money From USA To Kenya Using Mpesa
You need to sign up for the WorldRemit account first then be able to send money to a Kenyan Mobile Money Mpesa account.
Then follow these steps to use WorldRemit to send money from USA to Kenya using Mpesa:
- Go to https://www.worldremit.com/en/kenya/mobile-money.
- Click log in.
- Enter the amount you wish to send.
- The exchange rate will be indicated there as well as the fee to carry out the transaction.
- Enter the M-PESA number of the recipient.
- You will be required to pay online to complete the transaction.
A confirmation message will be sent to both of you; conforming the transaction is successful.
Other Ways To Send Money To Kenya Using Mpesa
You can use the following money transfer services to send money to Kenya through M-Pesa:
- Rocket Remit
- Post Finance
- Xpress Money
- P2P Cash
- Vodacom Tanzania
- MTN Rwanda
- Transfer Galaxy
- MTN Uganda
That is how to receive money from abroad to your Mpesa account in Kenya.
Recommended reading: How To Transfer Fund From Equity Bank To M-Pesa Account.