Here are the steps to follow to send or transfer money from your Western Union account to another Mpesa account in Kenya:
- Go to the Western Union website here: https://www.westernunion.com/ke/en/receive-money.html.
- Register for an account or sign-in to your account if you already have an account.
- On the Western Union dashboard, select the “Get Started Now” button.
- Before you can transfer money from Western Union to your Mpesa account, you need to select the country.
- Choose the recipient country, which in this case, should be Kenya.
- For example, if the receiver is in the United States (US), then select the USA as the country.
- Next, enter exactly the amount of money you want to withdraw from the Western Union to your Mpesa account.
- Please take note of the maximum amount of money you can withdraw from Western Union to the M-Pesa account.
- In the next section, you must choose how you want the person to receive the money.
- The available options are three (3): Mobile Wallet, Cash Pick-Up, and Bank Account.
- If you want to send the Western Union transfer to the recipient’s Mpesa account, then select “Mobile Wallet“.
- Choose your preferred mode of payment.
- Review the following: transfer fee, Western Union exchange rate, Actual amount to transfer.
- Enter your Western Union “Promo Code” if you have one.
- When everything is complete, click on the “Continue” tab to send the money from Western Union to Mpesa account.
- After the transaction is successful, you will then receive a confirmation message indicating that the money transfer from Western Union to the Mpesa account is successful.
Read also: How To Roll Over KCB Mpesa Loan.
How Fast Is the Western Union Money Transfer To Your M-Pesa account?
When you transfer funds to your Mpesa account via Western Union, then the money will be available for withdrawal within a few minutes or almost instantly.
Certain factors that affect how quick funds are deposited in your Mpesa account from Western union include the amount transferred, currency, destination country, and many others.
Recommended reading: How To Send Money From USA To Kenya Via M-Pesa.
What Is the Maximum Amount You Can Send To Mpesa Account
You can transfer up to seven thousand US Dollars (7,000 USD) from Western Union to your M-Pesa account.
That is the maximum amount you can send with the Western Union, so you need to take note.
All the Mpesa withdrawal charges also apply.
That is all for now. This M-Pesa Guide was Last Updated on July 13, 2020 by Mpesa Guide
We entreat you all to keep visiting this Mpesa Guide https://mpesaguide.com/how-to-send-money-from-western-union-to-mpesa/ on regular basis for updates.
The list below is our latest M-Pesa Guides for September 2021:
- Icea Lion Paybill Number, Official Icea Lion Kenya Mpesa Paybill For 2021
- Absa Paybill Number, Official Absa Kenya Mpesa Paybill For 2021
- How To Pay Modern Coast Via Paybill Number, Modern Coast Mpesa Paybill Payment Guide
- How To Pay Lucky Box Via Paybill Number, Lucky Box Mpesa Paybill Payment Guide
- Old Mutual Paybill Number, Official Old Mutual Kenya Mpesa Paybill For 2021
- How To Pay Jamii Sacco Via Paybill Number, Jamii Sacco Mpesa Paybill Payment Guide
- How To Pay Waumini Sacco Via Paybill Number – Waumini Sacco Mpesa Paybill Payment Guide
- Scorepesa Paybill Number – Official Scorepesa Kenya Mpesa Paybill For 2021
- How To Pay Rafiki Bank Via Paybill Number – Rafiki Bank Mpesa Paybill Payment Guide
- How To Pay eCitizen Via Paybill Number – eCitizen Mpesa Paybill Payment Guide