Do you want to know what is the Safaricom voicemail number? Read this guide.
Safaricom voicemail service is a service that enables one to give his or her callers the option to leave a message when they are not able to answer the calls.
Safaricom offers a voicemail service that helps users leave voice messages when one is unavailable, is not picking up a call, or is currently on another call.
The voicemail service users call forwarding or call divert, redirecting the incoming calls to specific numbers; hence the name voicemail diverts.
What Is Safaricom Voicemail Number
The Safaricom voicemail number is 132.
There are four voicemail diverts provided by Safaricom. They include;
1. Unreachable. For example, when the phone is switched off or in poor network conditions.
2. If there is no reply, that is, not picking up the call.
3. If the number you are calling is busy. That is when the person you are calling is on another call.
4. Safaricom provides all. That is all the voice mail divert, explained above.
Safaricom Voicemail Activation In Kenya
If you wish to have an active voicemail number, worry not; here are step-by-step instructions on how to set up voicemail.
1. Open Settings on your Android phone.
2. Click on call settings and select voicemail.
3. Sometimes you may require to type in the word voicemail on your settings search or browse manually so that you can figure out the right way to access voicemail settings.
This is because it may have voicemail settings, voicemail setup, or simply setup.
4. Select your carrier under voicemail service upon accessing voicemail setup settings.
5. Select Safaricom voicemail number and key in your voicemail number.
It can either be your mobile number or another person’s number where you want your voicemails to reach.
6. When you see a popup on your Android phone saying that voicemail number changed, click OK.
7. You will be required to open the dialer on your android phone and dial 1. Note that your phone should call the voicemail service of the carrier you selected during the voicemail setup.
8. You will receive a PIN or password on call from the voice command. Please enter it.
9. Ensure that you record your name by speaking clearly when the voice commands prompt you.
10. Next, please choose what you want callers to hear when they call you, but you are not picking up your call.
11. A few other settings might be needed which differ according to mobile service providers.
In this case, follow the voice commands to go through those.
12. After going through all these steps, you will have completed setting up voicemail on your android phone.
Safaricom voicemail number is helpful when one is unreachable, unable to answer or when the Safaricom line is busy.
If the caller wishes to leave a message, they can do so, and the receiver can retrieve messages from their voicemail by dialing 132.