Safaricom partnered with Google to introduce a smartphone device financing plan dubbed Safaricom lipa mdogo mdogo.
It is a revolutionary method of accessing a smartphone with easy, convenient, and affordable daily or weekly installments.
It was a result of the majority of Safaricom customers not being able to purchase a smartphone.
Through this service, Safaricom customers can own a smartphone via manageable daily installments of Kshs 20.
Table of Contents
How To Access Safaricom Lipa Mdogo Mdogo In Kenya
This service is available to all Safaricom including, prepaid, postpaid, and hybrid.
In case you do not qualify, you will receive an SMS notification.
If you want to access lipa mdogo mdogo services, all you need to is;
1. Dial *544# from your device and accept terms and conditions to opt into the service.
2. Wait for an SMS that will inform you that you are eligible, and you will also know the value of a smartphone you can purchase under this service.
3. Next, select the device that you choose and make a down payment of Ksh. 500/= through mpesa.
4. After you have paid, visit any Safaricom shop near you where the staff at the Safaricom shop will carry out a Know Your Customer (KYC), and they will check to verify your true identity.
5. Once verified, Safaricom will process your sale, and finally, the device will be issued to you.
This service is available to all Safaricom including, prepaid, postpaid, and hybrid
How To Qualify For Safaricom Lipa Mdogo Mdogo
You have to meet the criteria below to qualify for this service.
You must be using a Safaricom 2G or 3G smartphone.
It would be best if you were not listed on CRB due to unpaid loans that you once borrowed.
You must have been a Safaricom Kenya customer for the one last year.
You must be over 18 years of age and below 75 years of age.
How Can You Make Payments Using Mdogo Mdogo In Kenya
Dial *544# and select either pay for daily, weekly, part, or full payment.
You can also decide to pay on the lipa mdogo mdogo app by choosing daily, weekly, part, or full payment.
It is good to know that you will always receive reminder notifications in case of default in payment.
Safaricom will lock the device after the fourth day of your repayment deadline if you do not have paid. Therefore, your use will be limited.
If you continue to default, Safaricom will barre you from all outgoing calls and SMS, meaning that you can no longer use your smartphone.
If you default for 30 days, eventually, Safaricom will blacklist and disqualify you from accessing subsequent device loan facilities, and your details will be immediately forwarded to the CRB.
Safaricom lipa mdogo mdogo services are open to all Safaricom users who meet all the requirements discussed above.
This service seeks to empower millions of Safaricom subscribers to upgrade to 4 G-enabled devices at an affordable price.