You can enjoy the same excellent Safaricom services when abroad as if you are in Kenya.
Safaricom roaming is a service that allows you to use your Safaricom line abroad.
Safaricom roaming is accessible to both postpay and prepay customers.
You can make calls, receive calls, and buy daily, weekly, and monthly bundles using the Safaricom line in any part of the world.
How To Use Safaricom Line Abroad
Follow these steps if you want to use the Safaricom line abroad;
1. Dial *200# then select products and services.
2. Choose Safaricom roaming.
3. Select activate roaming service and make a choice of either;
4. Data, voice and SMS.
5. Voice and SMS only.
6. You must accept the terms and conditions, that is, Ts and Cs as published on www.Safaricom.co.ke.
7. For authentication, purpose enter your mpesa PIN.
How to buy a bundle Using Safaricom Line Abroad
You can use your Safaricom line to buy internet bundles when you are abroad easily and comfortably using these simple steps given below.
1. Dial *456# for prepay and postpay if you are roaming in any of thee countries; Ghana, South Africa, and China, and select data roaming bundles.
2. You do not have to worry, your country will be automatically picked by the network, or you can decide to enter the name of your country in full.
3. Different types of bundle options will be displayed which include, daily, weekly and monthly.
4. Select the bundle that you prefer and confirm the purchase of the bundle.
5. Wait for a notification message confirming successful buying of the bundle as well as the validity period.
How To Make A Call Abroad
you can call any destination within the country you are visiting using the following guidelines.
Dial the relevant area code and enter the number. To call back Kenya while abroad, you are required to;
Dial +254 followed by the desired Safaricom mobile number; for example, call +254 7xxxxxxxx or for Nairobi landline dial +254 20xxxxxx.
To call other countries, you will have to dial + country code, followed by area code, then a number. For example, UK +4477xxxxxxxxx.
To send an SMS to Kenya or internationally, you must type your message and send it to the number explained above.
To use Safaricom line abroad, always use an international format for calls and SMS when calling or texting back home.
If you are a postpay customer, you need to visit any Safaricom shop to activate roaming before traveling abroad.