In this guide, we shall focus on how Safaricom paybill works in Kenya.
The pay bill service is a cash collection service that allows your organization to collect money regularly from your customers via mpesa.
Safaricom paybill service enables you to serve your clients much better as your customers can pay for services with ease and timeliness.
How Safaricom Paybill Works In Kenya
Safaricom’s payment solutions have enabled simple single transactions and bulk payments whenever you feel like doing so where necessary.
These guidelines will help you know how Safaricom paybill works once you know the service’s paybill number.
1. First, ensure that you are a registered mpesa user.
2. Tap on the SIM toolkit and select if you have two lines in your sim card.
3. On your mobile phone, go to the mpesa menu.
4. Slide into payment services menu.
5. Select paybill.
6. Type in the business number of the service provider you want to make payments to in the business number field.
7. Key in the account number of the bill you want to pay through the paybill number.
8. Enter the amount you would like to spend on purchasing the service.
9. Input your secret mpesa PIN.
10. Lastly, confirm if the details are correct.
11. Press the OK button to complete the transaction.
Note; to pay for any service using Safaricom paybill, you have to make sure that the company accepts payments via mpesa before using it to pay.
If the company allows sue of paybill in paying for its services, they will give you their business number and account number.
These are two important numbers for mpesa paybill transactions.
Also, you are allowed only to pay amounts that are not less than Ksh. 10 and that do not exceed Ksh. 70,000.
Safaricom paybill has several benefits, which include; you enjoy: convenience, security, time-saving, real-time payment, easy funds transfer, low transaction costs for both clients and yourself.
Other advantages include that your plan for the day is not ruined by traveling to town and queue in banks.
It is the fastest as you can cancel the transaction when you see any red flags.
Paybill also offers easy fund disbursements as you can pay for supplies, wages, salaries, or other Safaricom-provided services.
Lastly, it leaves you with the message as proof of transaction.
That is how Safaricom paybill works in Kenya.