Are you wondering how to activate your Mpesa account? Worry no more as you have to come to the right place. In this guide, we have all the ways you can activate the Mpesa account after buying a new Safaricom line or the activation process for Mpesa account after Simcard replacement.
Among the top reasons Kenyans use the Safaricom Mobile network is Mpesa, and if your Mpesa account is not activated, you can’t use the service.
Mpesa is the leading mobile money transfer in Kenya and spreading across the globe.
Mpesa offers crucial services such as sending and receiving money, payment of goods and services, buying airtime and bundles, buying airtime to other networks, M-shwari mobile banking, and allowing access to other mobile banking services.
Nobody would wish their Mpesa account deactivated while it offers such essential services.
The good news is that Safaricom today has eased activating your Mpesa after buying a new Simcard or after Simcard replacement.
Recommended reading: How To Register And Use Fuliza M-Pesa Code.
How To Activate Mpesa After Buying New Simcard
After buying a new Simcard Mpesa, registration and activation is free. Visit the nearest Mpesa shop or customer care desk and request to register for Mpesa.
You can follow the simple guide below on how to activate your Mpesa account in Kenya.
It would be best and of course, help if you had the following with you;
Your Safaricom mobile number
The documents used to register the Safaricom Simcard either:
- Kenyan National ID
- Your Valid Kenyan Passport
- Valid Foreign Passport
- Kenya Military ID
- A Kenyan Foreigner Certificate
Those are the basic requirements for the activation of your Mpesa account.
New Mpesa Activation Process
After successful Mpesa registration M-PESA will send a text to your registered Safaricom Simcard and the Agent confirming that the registration has been successful.
The messages sent to you will have4-digit well known as ‘Start Key’ and use them to activate your Mpesa account.
Please don’t delete this message as it is crucial in the Mpesa activation process.
Now to activate your Mpesa following these instructions:
- Go to your Mobile Phone Apps and select the Toolkit application.
- Select M-PESA.
- Select “Activate” or “Wezesha”.
- Enter the 4-digit number you received during Mpesa registration from M-PESA.
- You will be prompted to create New PIN, and you can enter any Four (4) digits you can easily remember.
- Confirm the Mpesa PIN by entering the Four (4) digit number again.
- Enter your ID number, the same used to register for Mpesa.
You will receive a message confirming your Mpesa activation is successful within 5 minutes. The Mpesa Menu will be sent later after less than 30 minutes to start transacting through Mpesa.
This means you have successfully activated your Mpesa account and you can go ahead and use the account for transactions.
Related Guide: How To Roll-Over KCB M-Pesa Loan.
How To Activate Mpesa Account After Sim Replacement
If it happens, you have replaced your Safaricom Sim Card. You have to activate your Mpesa account to resume using the service.
The process of activating replacing Safaricom Sim Card Mpesa is simple and quick. Then Activating a new Mpesa account.
To activate Mpesa, you can visit the nearest Mpesa shop, customer care, or do it yourself. All you need to have included:
- The ID number used to register the inactive Mpesa account
- Actual date of the birth that had registered the inactive Mpesa account
- The Secret Pin you were using to operate the Mpesa account
Those are some of the things you will need to activate your Mpesa account in Kenya.
Recommended reading: How To Retrieve Deleted M-Pesa Messages.
The Process To Reactivate Your Mpesa Account In Kenya
The time it takes to activate Mpesa after replacement depends if you are doing it yourself or being assisted by the customer care agent, but the process may take a maximum of 5 minutes.
Here the procedure to follow to activate Mpesa after replacement:
- Go to your Mobile phone Application.
- Select Toolkit.
- Next, select Mpesa.
- Click Activate or Wezesha.
- Enter the old Pin you were using it will serve as the New start Key.
- You will be prompted, New Pin.
- Enter 4 digits you will remember easily.
- Confirm the new Pin.
- You will be required to enter your Kenya national identity number and birth date as they appear on the ID.
That is how easy to reactivate your Mpesa account.
You will receive a confirmation message informing your Mpesa has successfully been activated.
Yes, you can, as well as confirm this by checking your Mpesa balance and will receive a message bearing your exact Mpesa balance before Simcard replacement.
That is all for now. This M-Pesa Guide was Last Updated on July 17, 2020 by mpesa admin
We entreat you all to keep visiting this Mpesa Guide https://mpesaguide.com/how-to-activate-mpesa-account-kenya/ on regular basis for updates.
The list below is our latest M-Pesa Guides:
- HELB Mpesa Paybill Number – How To Use HELB Paybill Number For Payment
- How To Contact Fuliza Mpesa Customer Care – Fastest Way To Get Help
- Fuliza Mpesa Daily Charges – Check Current Rates & Fees On Fuliza 2020
- Online Jobs That Pay Through Mpesa In Kenya – Highest Paying Online Jobs To Make Money
- Mpesa Integration Into Website – Simple Guide For M-Pesa Developers To Integrate API
- How Much Will It Cost To Withdraw Kshs 100 From Mpesa Account In Kenya
- How To Unlock Mpesa account – Steps To Unblock Safaricom M-Pesa Account
- How To Calculate Mpesa Commission – Current M-Pesa Rates & Charges For 2020
- How To Get Mpesa Line In Kenya – Register M-Pesa Aggregated Agent SIM Card
- How To Activate Mpesa Till Number – Steps To Use Lipa Na M-Pesa Till for Business