In today’s guide, we will show you everything you need to know about the Safaricom home fibre internet service.
In Kenya, Safaricom home fibre is an excellent internet service that allows one to have a relaible, fast, and unlimited internet access from the comfort of your home.
Upon successful registration, you will receive a WI-FI router that will help you to get wireless and LAN internet access.
How Do I Register For Safaricom Home Fibre
There are two (2) main ways you can register for the Safaricom home fibre service in Kenya.
Registration For New customers
If you are a new customer and you want to register for Safaricom home fibre, you will have to follow the steps below;
1. Sign up for the home fibre service by completing an application form if you reside in a fibre zone.
2. Dial *400# or log into the mysafaricom app.
3. Select internet plus.
4. Select new customers.
5. Enter your home fibre account number.
6. Choose to buy a home package.
7. You will choose if you would like to keep or share your mobile resources, also known as sambaza.
8. Confirm your purchase and key in your mpesa pin.
9. You will have subscribed to the selected bundle.
Registration For Existing Customers
If you are already a customer and you want to register for home fibre, follow these steps;
1. Dial *400#, or you can log into the Safaricom home app.
2. Select internet plus.
3. Select my existing accounts field.
4. Select renew the subscription.
5. Choose your fibre to the home account number.
6. Select buy a home package.
7. Choose if you would like to keep or share your mobile resources.
8. After you confirm the purchase, proceed to enter your mpesa pin.
9. Upon completion of the home fibre registration, you will have subscribed to the bundle you have chosen.
How To Pay For Safaricom Home Fibre Subscription In Kenya
Here is how to pay for a Safaricom home fibre subscription.
Payment Through Safaricom Home App
You can pay for the packages you select via Safaricom’s dedicated Home Fibre app. The app allows you to do other things apart from paying for your package. You can track your internet usage, Safaricom due date, buy home insurance, get assistance and change your subscription details.
The Safaricom app is available for both android and IOS users.
Make Payment Via M-pesa paybill
You can use Lipa na Mpesa paybill number 150150 to pay for your subscription, key in your account number, and lastly, input the corresponding amount and pay.
You can pay for your subscription via USSD by dialing *400# and selecting option 1 to pay.
Select the home fibre package you wish to purchase and proceed to either complete your payment automatically through mpesa or Bonga points.
If you are in a fiber-covered area, you will get a call back from Safaricom within 24 hours.
Here Is How You Check Fibre Home Monthly Usage
1. Open the Safaricom home fibre app from your phone.
2. Dial *400#
3. Select 0 for my usage.
4. The subsequent toast notification will show you how much data you use for a month, on average.
The Home fibre service provides its clients with a wifi router that allows internet connectivity at home through fibre provided by Safaricom.
The Safaricom home fibre packages are designed to meet your everyday work, education, and entertainment.